Ground Chicken & Broccoli Stir-Fry
I love Chinese stir-fry but I can’t afford the grease, sodium and fat that can come along with it (and nor do I want to)! If you’re not a big fan of broccoli or just a veggie lover in general, add other vegetables such as onions, mushrooms, bell peppers, carrots…the more the merrier when it comes to stir fry. Whenever the urge strikes, I reach for this recipe and am instantly satisfied. If you’d like to deviate slightly from paleo while still remaining uber healthy, try this over brown rice or quinoa. Add some red pepper flakes for some spice!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 4 tbsp light soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tbsp rice wine
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Combine soy sauce, rice wine, honey, five spice powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Heat a nonstick skillet on medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir.
- Add ground chicken with half of the sauce mixture and stir until lightly browned.
- Add in broccoli florets and the remainder of the sauce and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
Share this Recipe