Succulent Sweet Dijon Thighs
As you know I’m constantly on the lookout for alternatives to basic boring chicken breast recipes. Chicken thighs are always tender and therefore automatically delicious (not to mention easy and inexpensive – always a bonus)! This recipe combines tangy Dijon with sweet and zesty balsamic vinegar and spices for a chicken dish that’s healthy and jam packed with flavor! Pop it in the oven and dinner is ready!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Salt and black pepper
- Place chicken thighs in a container and cut slits in each thigh.
- Rub garlic powder, paprika, salt and black pepper on chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, thyme and garlic cloves.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and marinate for 30 minutes (or longer if possible).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Transfer the chicken to a slightly greased 9 x 13 baking dish and bake for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.