Paleo Chocolate Soufflés
What’s better than an ooey gooey chocolate soufflé with a warm dark chocolaty center? An ooey gooey chocolate soufflé with a warm dark chocolaty center that’s paleo! Chocolate soufflés used to be one of my favorite guilty indulgences with a capital “G”…now I can enjoy these sinful treats without feeling the need to repent. You can cut the recipe down to 1 if you don’t have the self-control…or make the batter up to 1 day ahead (store in the refrigerator) if you’re wanting to make batch after batch! Serve these hot and piping out of the oven and try them with a dollop of my paleo whipped cream!
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 6 oz dark chocolate
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 4 ramekins with additional coconut oil and cocoa powder.
- Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the dark chocolate and coconut oil mixture and add the vanilla extract, coconut milk and honey.
- Whisk in the yoks one by one until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites and salt together until peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg white mixture into the chocolate.
- Spoon into the ramekins.
- Bake 15 minutes until set and serve immediately.