Paleo Chicken Apple Sausage Patties
These naturally paleo sausage delights are sweet, salty and satisfying! Enjoy them for breakfast or all day as an anytime snack. I love cutting these up and putting them in my breakfast scrambles!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 apple
- 3 tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp oregano
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Peel and dice the apple into tiny chunks.
- Place 2 tablespoons of coconut oil into a skillet and cook apples with cilantro, oregano and thyme on medium-high heat until the apples soften (approximately 5 minutes).
- Mix the ground chicken with the garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt and black pepper in a separate bowl.
- Add the apple mixture to the chicken.
- Form 1/2 inch thick patties from the mixture and place on a baking tray lined with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Broil for 1 minute or brown in a pan with coconut oil.