Coconut Mahi Mahi
Whipping up some mahi in a pan is surprisingly as easy as it is delicious! Satisfy your craving for this delectable fish while also stocking up on your protein, B-vitamins and iron. A win-win for everyone. If crazy awesome flavor isn’t your thing, you can cook the mahi mahi fillets in fresh garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper as a tasty alternative!
- 4 mahi mahi fillets (approximately 6 oz. each)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp Red Boat fish sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
- 1 tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper, without seeds and minced
- ¾ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- white or black sesame seeds to garnish
- In a small saucepan, stir coconut milk, chicken stock, lime juice, red boat fish sauce, garlic, ginger, green onion, basil, and serrano pepper together and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for an additional 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Heat a skillet with olive oil over medium heat.
- Brush each mahi mahi fillet with enough sauce to coat and cook in the skillet until it flakes easily with a fork (approximately 7 minutes per side).
- Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with cilantro and sesame seeds!