Classic Garlic Sautéed Broccoli
I can’t understand why anyone in their right mind would eat plain boiled broccoli with no flavor when you could simply add a little bit of olive oil and garlic and transform boring vegetables into a savory mouthwatering side! It’s no wonder kids don’t like their vegetables but they’ll sure like these broccoli florets bursting with flavor. This piping hot recipe is a great complement to almost every entrée…get your greens!
- 2 heads of broccoli
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash broccoli and cut broccoli florets in half.
- Sauté half of the garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add broccoli and cook until browned on the bottom (approximately 5 to 7 minutes).
- Drizzle water over the broccoli and cook for an additional 6 minutes until the water has evaporated.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, garlic powder, crushed red pepper flakes and cook for 3 more minutes until the garlic is golden brown.
- Season with salt and pepper!