Bacon Wrapped Honey Dijon Chicken Breasts
I am on a serious Dijon mustard kick. It’s so low in calories but it ads so much zest to every bite…mix a little honey with it and you get that perfect sweet ‘n salty explosion for your taste buds. I think everyone can agree that you can wrap anything in bacon and it will be delicious. For that reason alone (and so many more), you’ll love this golden sweet tangy chicken wrapped in smoky thick bacon. The flavor of the bacon seeps into the chicken as it cooks. Amazing, right?
- 2 chicken breasts
- 6 slices of thick cut bacon
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Season chicken breasts with salt, black pepper, garlic powder and paprika.
- Mix together Dijon mustard and honey in a small bowl.
- Coat each chicken breast with honey mustard mixture.
- Wrap slices of raw bacon around each chicken breast until entire breast is covered (approximately 3 slices for each breasts depending on size).
- Apply another layer of honey mustard mixture on top of bacon covered chicken breasts.
- Line an 8 x 13 baking pan with tinfoil and coat with olive oil spray to prevent chicken breasts from sticking.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.