Bacon Wrapped Dates with Smoked Paprika Marcona Almonds
It’s safe to say that bacon wrapped dates are everyone’s favorite party appetizer. Hide a toasted smoked paprika marcona almond in the middle of each and these are sure to be a hit. The sweet, salty and zesty combination is just too good to resist. The almonds are optional if you’d rather go with the classic version. Your guests will never know they were this easy to make!
- 24 dried, pitted medjool dates
- 24 marcona almonds
- 12 slices thick cut applewood smoked bacon, halfway cooked
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss marcona almonds, olive oil and paprika together in a mixing bowl.
- Spread out in a single layer on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, tossing occasionally, until dark brown.
- Toss salt on the toasted almonds to coat and set aside to cool.
- Line the baking sheet with a new piece of aluminum foil.
- Stuff an almond into each date.
- Cut each slice of bacon in half (roughly 5-inch pieces) and wrap each date in a half-slice of bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Place dates on baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes then turn them over and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked.
- Serve immediately!