Paleo Panda’s Sticky Spare Ribs
I used to love my mother’s finger licking, fall off the bone spare ribs. I’d devour rib after rib and savor every bite of tender meat complimented with the perfect asian spice! Here’s my version of her traditional recipe…enjoy!
- 2 ½ lb pork spareribs, cut into 1 ¼ inch pieces
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp dry sherry (alternatively you can buy Pale Dry Sherry, it’s pretty cheap)
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tsp ground Sichuan pepper
- scallions and sesame seeds to garnish
- Place the spareribs in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, stir together the honey, liquid aminos, sherry, five-spice powder and Sichuan pepper.
- Add the mixture to the spareribs and mix until the ribs are well coated.
- Let stand for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Arrange the spareribs in a single layer on a nonstick baking shet.
- Place them in the oven and cook until tender for approximately 1 hour, turning them over halfway.
- Garnish with scallions and sesame seeds and serve!